Course for Basic Safety Training in Port Balís, Barcelona
Professional nautical licenses in Port Balís, Barcelona - Certification in Basic Safety Training
Course for Basic Safety Training, full course
Course for Basic Safety Training, update
THE PROFESSIONAL NAUTICAL SCHOOL
At the professional nautical school in the harbor of Port Balís, Barcelona, you can obtain all the professional nautical certifications you need for your maritime professional activities.
The great advantage that Lassdive offers you is the ability to complete the entire course at the same facilities, without having to change locations for each practice, and without inconvenient travel.
The courses for professional nautical certifications are conducted at Lassdive's facilities at Port Balís, in Sant Andreu de Llavaneres, Barcelona province, a few kilometers north of the Catalan capital, in one of the most important ports in Maresme, with all the necessary services for your experience to be comfortable and satisfactory.
STCW CERTIFICATION IN BASIC SAFETY TRAINING
The Basic Safety Training certification is the first professional nautical certification necessary to work in any area of the nautical/maritime sector, whether on small fishing boats, large cruisers, merchant ships, or platforms.
This training is aimed at skippers, officers, mechanics, maintenance personnel, waiters, cooks, hosts and hostesses, PPER, and any other onboard position.
The objective of the Basic Safety Training course is to achieve the following competencies:
- Awareness of the need to increase protection in maritime activities
- Recognition of the risks and threats affecting maritime protection
- Understanding the need to maintain awareness of surveillance in the sphere of protection and its methods
- Maintenance of the conditions established in the ship's protection plan
- Ability to perform periodic inspections of the ship's protection
- Learn the proper use of protection equipment and systems
This certification is valid for 5 years. After this period it is necessary to take an update course to maintain the certification.
DATA ON THE BASIC SAFETY TRAINING COURSE
Full course duration:
- Total: 70 hours (13 days)
- Theoretical classes: 45 hours
- Practical classes: 25 hours
Duration of the renewal - update course:
- Total: 16 hours (2 days)
- Theoretical classes: -
- Practical classes: 16 hours
- Mandatory 100%
- 5 years
Upcoming dates for the Basic Safety Training course:
- Link to the course calendar HERE
PREVIOUS REQUIREMENTS FOR TAKING THE COURSE
To access the Maritime Basic Safety Training course, it is necessary to have:
- Valid DNI, NIE, or Passport
- Be 18 years old or older
- Be a minimum of 16 years old with permission from a legal guardian
HOW TO book A PLACE IN THE COURSE
To reserve a place in this course:
- Click on the shopping cart of the desired option, at the top of this page
- Choose the desired date from the options available on the calendar
- Fill in all the data with the information of the person who will take the course
- The system will go to the RedSys secure payment gateway, where it will charge 20% of the total
- The rest of the payment can be made on the first day of the course at our facilities, by card or cash
The Basic Safety Training course is an STCW-accredited course in Spain by the Dirección de la Marina Mercante.
Lassdive offers all the courses for obtaining professional nautical certifications at Lassdive's facilities in Port Balís, Barcelona, in collaboration with Escola Focus.